Home > Ethics Statement
Publication Ethics Statement for the Scientia et Societas Journal
The relevant duties and expectations of authors, reviewers, and editors.
1. Author’s Responsibilities
Authors are obligated:
- to certify that their manuscripts are their original work;
- to certify that the manuscript has not previously been published elsewhere;
- to certify that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere;
- to notify editor of any conflicts of interest;
- to identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript;
- to report any errors they discover in their manuscript.
2. Reviewer’s Responsibilities
Reviewers are obligated:
- to disclose to editor any conflicts of interest;
- to keep information pertaining to the manuscript confidential;
- to bring to the attention of the editor any information that may be reason to reject publication of a manuscript;
- at any time to evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors;
- to notify editor and excuse himself from the review process in case that they feel unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or know that its prompt review will be impossible.
3. Editor’s Responsibilities
Editor is obligated:
- to keep information pertaining to submitted manuscripts confidential;
- to disclose any conflicts of interest;
- to evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content;
- to be responsible for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts.
4. Violation of all parties commits to these publication ethics including plagiarism or other unethical behaviour will be reason for removing any manuscript.
Publication Ethics Statement is based on the guidelines and standards developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), available at: https://publicationethics.org/files/u2/New_Code.pdf.